Renee's Website

Thursday, September 20, 2012

New York Diary: Exciting New Finds!

Designer Jianhui and me

What an inspiring day in New York! I saw a collection of lines juried for boutique owners and buyers like me. What a pleasure to meet and with owners and designers themselves, and listen to them describe their vision, designs, materials and manufacturing processes.

Jianhui
I loved Jianhui's jewelry.



He creates bold necklaces made from hundreds of tiny ultra-light and heat retaining recycled wood blocks...





...or rope...




...or silk-covered chain. Colorful and creative, these necklaces are fun!




Then I met with Susan Kirschner. Her contemporary clothing line incorporates architecture, texture, minimalism and patterns to create comfortable apparel. Located in Berkeley, California, Susan has worked with the same sewers for over 20 years.





Here is the new spring green color I saw everywhere. Fresh! This German line is called Elemente Clemente.






What a cool new handbag line: Olbrish! From Berlin, Olbrish is an award-winning contemporary handbag collection featuring architectural shapes and sturdy hardware. These one-of-a-kind high quality bags are made with the finest Nappa leather from Germany.









Although Sympli is not new to Renee's, it has become one of Renee's staple collections. I love working with Kathy, who has been in Renee's and met many of you at a Sympli trunk show a few years ago. She helped me put together a new collection for spring today.





Well, I must stop here and get ready for another full day here in New York. I've loved hearing from you. Your comments and your "presence" are huge motivators as I wade through thousands of collections for you. Thank you for joining me here! Check in again tomorrow for the latest finds, just for you, all the way from New York City to Everett!

With love,
Renee

12 comments:

  1. Good grief. I'm enjoying reading this. What's happening to me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the silk-covered chain--amazing! The wood necklaces are intriguing (heat-retaining? as in, warm like a scarf?).
    Those handbags are gorgeous, too; sleeker than my usual style, but stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the Spring Green Color and the Olbrishi handbag!!!    What fun!!!  Thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way....You look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My faves: Jianhui silk-covered chain jewelry, and Olbrish bags (especially the first set of three)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renee,

    It looks like you are having a wonderful time. I love those handbags. I think I'll put that on my Christmas List. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! So glad you like the bags. I'll try to remember that in December!! Thanks for following! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gLaD you like those cool bags. They will be in the store by mid October!!! Maybe in time for your own trip to New York? Thanks!!!! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Julie! I miss my bicycle and my swim team, though. I didn't even bring my running shoes; I knew I'd be too busy. It's work, eat, work some more, sleep, do it all over again! Miss you! xoxo ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't that green color cool? I've seen it out on the streets, too. Fresh! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bags are even better in person, really unique! Thanks for following along! Love your comments. renee

    p.s. I will ask about the heat thing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha. Obviously not enough garden to tend, bees to keep, canning to be done! Glad you are enjoying. I'll try to keep it short! ~renee

    ReplyDelete