Renee's Website

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New York Beckons!

Subway Station at JFK airport

Dear friends,

We have arrived in New York City! I’ m glad you are “with me.” Your presence and feedback is a consistent positive motivator. Thank you for allowing me to shop for you! It’s an honor and a privilege.

All the dread I had about leaving the comforts of home and my routine, the early morning departure, flying hassles, high stakes decision making and pressure to gather all the energy I can muster for this working trip magically disappeared as soon as we boarded the subway at JFK.


It’s thrilling to be in the midst of all hustle and bustle; I enjoy the familiarity of the city and feeling confident enough to maneuver around here. I love New York!

One of the gifts of being a store owner and buyer is that it gives me an excuse to do things, to go places and explore. I will open my blinders and take in all of it: the wide variety of clothing (there is something for everyone here), creative designs, luxurious fabrics, texture and hand, details. Curiosity is my friend.

The bulk of our finds will be “custom;” made just for us, in the colors, sizes and quantity of my choosing. They will begin to arrive in January.

Home away from home. Upper West Side.

Most of what we picked last February is now in the store! Renee’s has transitioned into fall, and it’s full of rich autumn colors, luxurious soft fabrics, warm and cozy sweaters, and sturdy professional garb.

Still, starting over is a little daunting. The blank page is before me. The cursor is blinking. What will the store look like next spring based on finds and discoveries this week? I accept the challenge. Let’s go find out!

With love,
Renee



10 comments:

  1. Cool Renee! Enjoy! Waiting eagerly to see your special finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good thoughts, Lori!! Love! -renee

      Delete
  2. How exciting. I envy your experience in New York and admire the skill and attitude that you bring to your task. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics, and look forward to more along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you find.  Love to follow you around on your shopping trips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have your company!! Xo, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Keep the home fires burning while I'm gone!! Glad you are along for the ride. -Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to have you along. Hope I can do justice to my job. Xo, Renee

    Renee
    Www.Reneesclothing.com
    425-252-2230 ph
    425-339-6055 fax

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do a great job finding the best for us. Thanks for sharing the experience. We appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do a great job finding the best for us. Thanks for sharing the experience. We appreciate your hard work.

    ReplyDelete