Renee's Website

Monday, February 20, 2012

New Trends to Update Your Spring Wardrobe


Dear Readers,

Give me my wardrobe basics and I'm happy. I don't want to stand out in a crowd wearing bright colors and complicated trends. I'd rather be admired for choosing subtle, sophisticated clothing that does not go out of style.


Nonetheless, "fashion" has its place. Subtle trends can update your wardrobe and give you new options. Here are some fashion trends you may see this spring. Which ones will you adapt?


1. Maxi, maxi, maxi. You don't have to look far to find long skirts. Paired with shorter tops, the look can be carried off by most any body shape.


2. Lace, layering and romance. Look for pointelle fabrics, don a belt over anything, and choose sheer or ruffle trims. You'll be spot on trend.


3. Golden yellows, beachey blues, and feminine corals and reds are the colors of the season. Another color trend? Colored pants.


4. Dresses and skirts are coming back. We all love our pants, but in keeping with the more feminine trend and the maxi lengths, you'll see more dresses and skirts this season than ever.


5. Scarves are still a hit. We seem to finally be adopting what the Europeans have known all along: scarves complete an outfit and make you look like you know what you are doing when it comes to fashion.


Right now I am headed to New York City to shop for you for fall. I'll try to keep you in the loop about the trends I see coming up. Don't worry, I won't abandon my "basics" concept. I'm always looking for great new staples!!

In the meantime, the photos in this post are newer arrivals you'll find at Renee's. Can you spot any of the subtle trends listed above? Are there any trends pictured that aren't listed above?














Sending you my best from the Big Apple with love,

Renee

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful stuff, Renee!!  We are going to be in the Seattle area the end of March.  Save me something!  Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Let me know when you are coming! I look forward to catching up!!

    ReplyDelete