Renee's Website

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New York Finds, Day One


I found some fantastic, exciting new apparel, shoes and accessories for you yesterday, my first market day in New York City.

First on the list, colorful felt and leather bags by Graf and Lantz. Here one of the owners is telling me all about his bags. Felted wool (embossed or not) or canvas (waxed or not) and leather. Stunning!




One of my selections of canvas bags, above, will arrive in May.


This colorful group of felted wool and leather (above) will arrive in-store in August, along with the waxed canvas bags below.



Next up, Aquatalia shoes.


Wow! I hope you love these Aquatalia shoes as much as I do. I think I'm getting bolder. I ordered red shoes! These will dress up a pair of jeans, and look great when you wear all black. Aquatalia is not only functional luxury, but their suede is waterproof. This property is "built in" when the leather is tanned. Finally, technology catches up with shoes!


While I am in the Aquatalia show booth (above), I learn all I can about the product from the experts.


I love these colorful new coats above by Danish designer Ilse Jacobsen!! And she has rubber rain boots to match! These will arrive in May.


The most innovative, creative find of the day? Walleska Ecochicc, apparel, handbags and accessories handcrafted from recycled aluminum can tabs (above). I did not order this line. :)


The rep above explains all the features of her line, Bed-Stu. My selection of these rugged, urban canvas and leather bags sits on the floor behind her. These bags will arrive next month (March).


More shopping, this time at Mystree (above). You would not believe all the choices I make on your behalf! Fortunately, I am decisive. I have to make decisions as quickly as I can since there is so much to see.


One of the pleasures of going to market is meeting the artisans and designers. Here I am (above) with Teresa Goodall, designer of her own jewelry line. She and her husband live in Minneapolis. The jewelry I ordered from her will arrive next month.


Designer Amy Leiner and I work to put together a new selection of her jewelry for you, which will also arrive next month.


Buying a new legging line, Lysee leggings (above) and with the owner (below).


Talking with the owner of a new line called "Chalet," below.



New prints (above and below) from a favorite dress line, Elana Kattan.


I am always impressed by the creativity I see when I shop for you. There is so much to learn about all the lines, too. I wish I could bring all of you with me! I can't wait for you to see all of the wonderful finds I discovered yesterday.

And now I'm off and running on my second day in the city. Stay tuned for more finds...

Sending my love from across the country,
Renee

16 comments:

  1. You are bringing old-fashioned customer service and a great eye for fashion together with new technology in a very creative way. Your clients are lucky. And, of course, I love when retailers tell stories. The best stories always win. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley! That's impressive, coming from my alma mater's former president and English professor. Yes, I am learning to enjoy blog posting and figuring out what my customers want to hear! Fortunately my customers are my friends, so they are patient with me. I'm finding there is so much to tell, and I have become an editor as well as a blogger. I keep thinking: "Baby steps!" Thanks so much for your comments! I love your blog, too. ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Renee, I love all the commentary and pictures. I feel like I am there with you. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, You are here in my heart! Can't wait for you to see my treasures. Thanks for the comment! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your posts. These are a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing the graf & lantz bags and what you get from Bed Stu. I have a Bed Stu belt that I think is very cool, and I always get compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear that!! Both that you like my posts, and that you are familiar with Bed Stu. Today I ordered a line that I think you scooped me on a few months ago: Raw Earth Wild Sky. Lovely and comfy looking! Thanks, Sharan. See you soon! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. ......Oh, YES!!!  Red shoes- sign me up!!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing the new styles.  I hope that NYC also provides a time for a day or evening of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the red shoes are beautiful! Look forward to having you come in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL, UNIQUE, ONE OF A KIND, WILL NOT SEE THIS MERCHANDISE ANYWHERE AROUND HERE!  KUDOS TO YOU for venturing out of the usual, boring, same oh, same oh stuff!  You look absolutely BEAUTIFUL and about 21 years old  ---- truly.  You are the fashion "madona!!"  ---- so sheik, (sp.?) and classy.  Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet! Thanks for your lovely words. Yes, I do try to find new and different things all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so sweet! Thanks for your lovely words. Yes, I do try to find new and different things all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you like it. I'm having fun writing about it!

    ReplyDelete