Renee's Website

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saving the Best for Last! I ♥ Annette Görtz!



Dear Reader,

Yesterday was my final day in New York City. My only appointment was at the Annette Görtz showroom in lower Manhattan. This avant garde, understated and elegant line is my personal favorite, and it didn't disappoint. Annette’s attention to detail is amazing and flawless. Every design element is intentional. Her creativity is always fresh. How she consistently stays inspired is impressive.

Each time I view the new Annette Görtz collection I leave with renewed commitment to the line, recognizing that the value of her talent, fabric quality, fit and beautiful construction is unmatched. In almost twenty years of buying, I have never seen anything like her artistic and extraordinary collection.

After the appointment it was time for lunch. By happy chance the renowned Gramercy Tavern is located just across the street from the Annette Gortz showroom!! We had a fabulously delicious lunch there. The week in New York culminated on the last day into a perfect ending to a successful buying trip!

Now I must get busy working on my orders. Thanks for joining me on our trip to New York. I was so happy to have you along! You are invited to join me again next time!

Stop by Renee’s so we can chat about our experience. See you soon!

With love,

renee















Our serendipitous find for lunch: the Gramercy Tavern!






Compliments of the chef: beef barley soup. Wow!

The curry sea bass on a bed of spaghetti squash was so irresistible I tasted a bite before I took the photo.

24 comments:

  1. Loved it!  Looked forward every morning to seeing what you sent!  Great way to wake up! Thanks for the "trip" with you!  mf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene, Glad you have enjoyed going along. Thanks for taking good care of everyone in my absence. See you Monday! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlene, Glad you have enjoyed going along. Thanks for taking good care of everyone in my absence. See you Monday! ~renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Renee and Bill.  We've all enjoyed a wonderful trip to NY City.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! Thanks for going along with me! Glad you enjoyed the trip. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the upates from your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Renee,

    Thanks for the previews...was
    inspired by spring, your blog & fashion forecast to go through the
    wardrobe & cull everything that was worn out, no longer relevant,
    etc... Decided to take what was left and see how many outfits could be
    made by combining pieces in new ways. Additional inspiration came from
    some silk scarves passed down from my grandmother which had been hidden
    at the bottom of a drawer; the colors were all my favorites and worked
    with a lot of the pieces! What worked for me was to hang the "outfits"
    from my closet door, then shoot pics to put in a little notebook, along
    with notes of what would "complete" the ensemble. Shoes? A bag? Layering
    top? (your blog on layering tops also got my wheels turning...) Once
    you know what's missing, it's a snap to fill in the gaps, knowing your
    wardrobe $$ are going where they're really needed. 
    Sincerely,

    C.N.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your trip. It looked like so
    much fun and made me nostalgic for New York. I think you're doing a
    fabulous job with your on-line marketing and newsletters. Keep up the
    good work!
     

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I think Annette Gortz has my style in mind.  And I love the little
    boots with the tie in front.  Good work. 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Renee,
    Thank you for this clever and creative way to share
    your shopping experience with us.  I loved seeing the clothing lines and
    the people who create them.  Your comments and pictures were so good!
     I really felt I was with you in New York.  Now I look forward to
    talking to you about your experience and to see things as they arrive in
    the store.

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING AND SO SOPHISTICATED!!!!!  Silver boots!!!!!!!!!!!!  Will be
    good to see you back.  The model is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the first coat and the short boot.   I have
    no place to wear them but love them.    Now the food looked out
    of this world.    Thank you for the neat trip.   Have a
    safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Renee,

     

    Thank you for sharing your New York
    experience with
    us.  I agree that you saved the best for last.  Hope you are buying
    the shoes, coats and boots.
     

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renee,

     

    I am really loving that melon colored
    LilaP
    Top!  Thinking it will look very wonderful with the taupe pants you
    picked
    out for me last!  Enoy your last day!
     

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to know how hard you work at buying just the
    right
    things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly try. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your comment. That color would  look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had fun writing it. Thanks for your comment, and for going along!

    ReplyDelete
  19.  Yes, very wearable for any occasion. The boots have been ordered........

    ReplyDelete