Renee's Website

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's Important to You

Hello, there!

Today I will spend time in Seattle combing through lots of "stuff" to choose what else, dear readers, you might like me to add to the collection here at Renee's. You may know I do not consider myself a shopper. I was raised in a frugal, minimalist home. How ironic that I now shop for a living! I do this for you, so you don't have to!

Many of you have told me you rely on my decisions. While that is flattering, I also think of it as a huge responsibility, one I am still happy to grab hold of. Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

While I am culling through what I can only picture as a huge haystack for just the right items, I often ask the sellers where the merchandise is manufactured. I try to support companies whose manufacturing is done in the U.S., and I am also fond of Canadian-made lines. I like to give my business to small, women-owned manufacturers when possible.

Recently I wrote a letter to the editor of the Everett Herald about American-made merchandise, and they saw fit to publish it. While not everything I bring to Renee's is made in America, the majority is. I will continue my search.

What else is important to you when you are shopping, dear readers? What do you mindfully and deliberately choose?

We received new items from Nomadic Traders (below) and Naot shoes (pictured above)!



No comments:

Post a Comment