Renee's Website

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What to Wear in New York




My husband Bill came with me to New York. Here we are in Times Square. 

Dear friends,

Last Friday before I left for a shopping trip in New York City for Renee's, I went on a shopping trip AT Renee's. Honestly I am not a shopper. Some of you have told me you don't enjoy shopping, and I can relate. But I wanted to experience Renee's from your point of view and see what I could come up with for my trip, so I got some help from Marlene. 


On the plane with Laura, who also came along. 


We had our traditional first dinner in the city: salad...


...And calzone with boats of tomato sauce. Yum!




This is what I ended up purchasing at Renee's before the trip. 

I ended up with one pair of Silver jeans and one pair of FDJ black pants for bottoms. Usually I don't bring jeans because I don't think they are comfy but these jeans have a lot of stretch, and they feel like sweats. Seriously. Plus, with a new marbled wash, they look hip! Already a rep asked me what jeans I was wearing. And they cost less than $100!



For layering pieces I got a blackTribal long tank top and a topaz-colored Nic and Zoe tank top. I also brought along a tan Majestic tank top that is part of my go-to weekly uniform. 



One of my "toppers" is an FDJ longer denim jacket, which I will wear today. It's going to be great because the fabric is thin and stretchy, and perfect all day for September weather in the city. The jacket goes with both bottoms. 



Prairie Cotton for lounging. 

For lounging in the apartment at night I chose a thin tunic top and crop pants from Prairie Cotton. I love this! Talk about comfortable. But I also feel stylish wearing this! If I put a scarf with my jammies I could even run to the corner store for milk and cookies! :)


Silver jeans, Nic and Zoe cardigan, Tribal long tank top, Asian Eye scarf, Fly London booties. 

Another topper I chose is a long sweater cardigan by Nic and Zoe. I like the fall color. This goes with both the jeans and the black pants. I wore this outfit on the plane.



         My final topper is a big shirt by P Taylor. 



I brought along one sweater from my own closet, my running gear, and under garments. Everything I brought easily fits in my carry on. I will wear each bottom three times and each topper twice. The best purchase I made? By far, the booties from Fly London. I am wearing them all day every day. My feet are happy. And we must be walking at least 20,000 steps per day. Second best? Three scarves by Asian Eye. I haven't left the apartment without one of them. Other buyers ask what brand of scarf I am wearing. My outfits look polished with a scarf addition. My hair stayed dry when a little drizzle rained down. 

I feel comfortable and fashionable in New York! What more could a woman need?

Off for another day of shopping for YOU!!!  Thank you for this opportunity!

With love, 

Renee

3 comments:

  1. On my walk this morning I was thinking about you and why I shop at Renee's. It is because I have very little time for shopping and when I purchase something from Renee's and wear it I always feel and look good. I only have to purchase a few items a year and am able to mix and match with last years items to create a whole new look. How fun is that!!! Look forward to trying a pair of "Fly's"!!
    Tell Laura I wore the top she has on in the picture yesterday and got many compliments. Love it!!
    Have fun and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great travel capsule! I like your new additions--they look great on you. I am wearing my Silver jeans today. I love them for comfort and style. I'm headed on a trip soon, too, so your post gives me good packing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see what you're wearing. You look great and I love the clothes you chose for your trip.

    ReplyDelete