Renee's Website

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Let the Shopping Commence!


“It’s a sign of maturity when you can delay pleasure to ensure a better tomorrow.” –Dave Ramsey

Dear Friends,

I made it to Las Vegas, aka Sin City, on my big semi-annual buying trip for Renee's, and I am staying in tonight. Does that mean I’m getting older? Or perhaps wiser? It’s 6 p.m. and I am ready for bed. Disclaimer: this afternoon (!) I tried to get tix for a Cirque du Soleil performance tonight, but alas, they were already sold out. Another disclaimer: I was up at 3:30 a.m. to pack and catch my flight.



I got to leave rainy, gray Everett behind...

The Venitian Hotel

...And come to sunny, 70 degree temps in Las Vegas. No complaints about the weather!


Bellingham International Airport terminal

And I flew out of Bellingham International (!) Airport nonstop to Vegas. Who knew! Convenient and peaceful compared to Sea Tac.

It's okay to stay in tonight. I need to restore myself. Shopping here will take all the energy I can muster. It’s going to be a crazy, hectic week. Store owners and buyers and vendors and manufacturers from all across the United States and abroad converge in Las Vegas twice a year, and they’ll all be pushing to get ahead.

With so much to see and do, I hope to be alert, calm and able to take it all in. Methodical in my approach, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the ping that goes off in my head when I spy a find.

What perks up my ears and slows down my steps? A clean, well-lighted booth. Tight, concise lines (there’s too much to see to spend a lot time in one place). Eye-catching colors. Knowledgeable, helpful, patient sales people with *NO* attitudes. Sincerity. Honesty. Wearable, comfortable clothing in soft, luxurious fabrics designed and constructed with care. Something a little different. In a nutshell, I’m looking for the same thing you look for when you are shopping!

I came to Vegas hoping to fulfill my 2013 goal of getting a little bit “edgier.” Sometimes when I break out of my routine, new opportunities appear. My tiny little confession? I miss New York City already.

Once I start working tomorrow, though, I'll be so absorbed I won't remember where I am or what month it is. Seriously. That's how a buying trip goes.

Oh, and I made a reservation for a performance tomorrow night. And I'll be back soon to tell you all about our first shopping day in Las Vegas. Can't wait. Let the shopping commence!

With love,
renee

P.S. If you like my notes, please forward this to a friend and suggest they subscribe. Thanks!




5 comments:

  1. Renee if you haven't seen love, and you even like beatles music at all go see it, it's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try to see Le Reve if you can. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear what you find....something similar to the white jacket you got in?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried to take your advice, but alas, it was sold out. Next time I will reserve in advance! Thanks for the suggestion. xo, renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestion!! xo, renee

    ReplyDelete