Renee's Website

Friday, February 22, 2013

Vegas: Tough Footwear and Gangsta Love

Coclico brand Urbano bootie. Tough! Black with chocolate laces


If yesterday was an accessory day, today was footwear day! It was a weird day. I saw a celebrity and took a photo of her, although I didn't know who she was. I got lost in a market for hip hop, punk and gangsta buyers partying like they were in a warehouse. I felt like I was in a bad, dark dream.

But I found some BEE-U-TI-FUL shoes!!! The Coclico collection finds beauty in the understated, and in the intentionally simple.

Coclico Ugo boot. Love!!

Coclico has gained a following among women who want subtly beautiful, cool, practical footwear. That's us!!!

More of the Urbano lace-up bootie


Urbano

Coclico brand shoes



Marvin K suede bootie arrives by March 10 at Renee's

And then... there was Aquatalia and Marvin K., the designer of Aquatalia. Marvin K.'s shoes are made in the very best factory in all of Italy. And it shows. How I struggle with beauty and desire v. price, though!!!


Marvin K., the "collection" side of Aquatalia

Marvin K. for fall


Kristin Cavalleri, celebrity and shoe designer
I stood close enough to Kristin Cavalleri to take this photo, but I had to google her to find out her claim to fame. She was promoting her Chinese Laundry shoe collection.



Then I found some great, inexpensive but chic jackets.


The Luii designer herself models for me.

Luii leather jacket.

Coral ponit knit jacket. Love!


Next I looked at Barbara Lesser's collection. I was skeptical, but I ended up liking it!


A jacket with knit and woven components is layered over a tie dye tank. The neutral colors (black and tan) make tie dye more do-able.


Love this cute little cotton jacket with short chenille trim. This will arrive at Renee's in May.

A unique dyeing process makes this group "crackle."

A Barbara Lesser overview of the group for fall. Good for our lifestyle in the northwest.

And now, two shots of items I did not choose! I am intrigued by your comments these shots evoke. Some of you love what I *don't* choose!

Dance tutu


Dance pants.

Some vendors really go all-out on design. I appreciate their efforts.

Cool decorated gold bicycle


Fun kids booth. 

A mural artist was in attendance for our viewing pleasure

The "gangsta" part of the show. I felt like a fish out of water. I wandered around, dazed, taking it all in. Really I was trying to find a booth and ended up here.

The gangsta hip hop crowd


These punk girls were sitting outside a booth attracting attention. They captured mine.

That's all the news and photos for today. Although blogging and sending you notes and photos takes time, I love having your company. My work becomes more productive and pleasant as I search for the perfect photo opportunities. Thanks for joining me!

I'll be back tomorrow with a Las Vegas buying trip wrap-up!!

Sending much love from Vegas,

Renee

6 comments:

  1. Great job Renee, capturing the feeling of the entire Really Big Show experience with super photos and fun commentary. 
    Love the Boots and shoes! Please order the Coclico Ugo Boots in 91/2. Marvin K suede bootie very cool too. Beautiful yellow and coral Luii jackets. Barbara Lesser does "crackle." Hip hop and crazy dance pants a little over the top but that cutie tutu and bike..hummm. Thanks for letting me tag along and dream. Cheers!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you decided to get the dance outfit--ha! I love the Coclico Urbano boot. It calls to my inner tomboy. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for sharing the link on Kristin Cavalleri. I wouldn't have known, either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the vibe of the show! and happy you came along! xo, renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat! We will call you when the jackets arrive! Thanks for following! xo, renee

    ReplyDelete