Renee's Website

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Death by Cookie



Dear Friends,

Happy New Year! The holidays are now behind us. Author Anne Lamott calls them "the days of death by cookie." Her holiday posts especially resonate with me... For a laugh read how she navigates the holidays here and how she feels about diet resolutions here.



A page from the scrapbook: postcard sent in Sep. 2006

Thank you for reading my notes. I know you are busy. You used to receive Renee's postcards every month. A long time ago. How things have changed.

Please help me in the battle against the big box stores and the Internet shopping sites. If you like these notes, forward them to a friend who likes boutique shopping. Send them to a prospect who understands quality. Share them with people who appreciate a special shopping experience. Suggest your friends subscribe to Renee's blog. Like us on Facebook. Share our posts on your own Facebook page. Give us a review on Yelp or Google. Word of mouth is the best way to remind people that we are *still* here.


New York skyline

In return, I promise to keep my notes short and to the point. I'll post lots of photos. I also vow not to post too often. You'll see photos of new arrivals, find out about upcoming sales and events, and go along with me to market. Speaking of market, the semi annual Big Apple trip is right around the corner. You first came along in 2012. Start here to review the trip if you want to reminisce.


"Leggings are not pants, ladies!"

In the fashion tips department: If you were at the fall fashion show, you'll remember I said that leggings are not pants. (I may have been speaking the tiniest bit louder and an even tinier bit slower when I informed everybody, just so no one would miss the message. Maybe.) My favorite fashion blogger Tina Adams agrees. You'll love her post about how (not) to wear yoga pants. She too gets her message across with humor and by being direct (read: blunt).




At Renee's this month, we are focusing on COMFORT. Everybody needs a little extra TLC after the holidays. Come to Renee's for comfy clothing. Need extra incentive? Not only did we take inventory during the first few days of the year, but we also slashed our prices! Now through Jan. 17 get a whopping 40% off anything that was in stock on the last day of the year.



Sheep and hearts...

And... just in time for our month of COMFORT, PJ Salvage has delivered! You'll feel snug and safe this winter when you cuddle up in these...


Cats and hearts...
...Or these...

Whimsical PJ Salvage fleece robe...

...Or this!

Enjoy getting back into your routine. I will too. A creature of habit, I love my everyday schedule... It's comfortable!

Marlene and I always enjoy seeing you. We are excited to start a new year with you. Enticing opportunities await. Thanks for ALL of your support!

With love,

Renee



No comments:

Post a Comment