Renee's Website

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Do You ZuZu?



Dear Readers,

I have been shopping for fall clothing. I know, I know. You are more than ready for spring and warm, sunny weather. But I just can't resist sharing about a really cool brand called Baabaazuzu that will be at Renee's this fall if all goes as planned.

My interest was piqued by an intriguing photo I saw. I dared to hope that I'd find unique and special apparel, and happily, Baabaazuzu met my expectations. I loved the quality I saw in the sample garments.



I met the owners, husband and wife Kevin and Sue Burns, who were representing their own line. It doesn't get more real than that! They seemed like down to earth people.

They live and work near Traverse City, Michigan where my family vacations every year. They mentioned that I could visit them this summer when I'm there. Then they offered to let me choose my own pieces for you, and I was hooked.

Here's some information right off their website (The photos I've used came from their blog.):

"For Sue Burns, Baabaazuzu founder and lead designer, inspiration came one winter day in the back of her clothes dryer. Her husband had shrunk some of Sue’s favorite wool sweaters. And out of the tragedy of her too-small-to-wear, once-adored sweaters arose a multi-million dollar company."



"Sue, a gifted graphic designer, cut up the shrunken remains of her favorite sweaters, pieced the fragments together and made jackets with matching hats for her two young daughters."



"The process behind Baabaazuzu’s creations is an age-old process. Felting. Simply put, it’s taking wool sweaters or garments – and in Baabaazuzu’s case, it’s taking items that are no longer wanted and could not sell at second-hand stores and are literally a step away from being thrown into landfills – and washing them in very hot water so as to shrink into a very dense, very strong wool “fabric.” Sue then takes the felted material, cuts them up and, with her eye-of-an-artist, purposefully pieces them back together into wearable works of art – hats, mittens, jackets, scarves, etc."

Cool, right? Can't wait for it to arrive. I know you'll love it, too!



Happy Spring!

With love,
Renee

P.S. Welcome to all the new subscribers! I'm so excited you are joining us!

P.P.S. We LOVE to work by appointment. E-mail us to set up your own personal appointment today!

2 comments:

  1. Wow those look really cute. I cannot wait to see the items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Traverse City~~you and your customers will LOVE Baabaazuzu products!!

    ReplyDelete