Renee's Website

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Feisty. Older. Wiser.

Dear Friends,
Let me just start by warning you: I'm feeling feisty today!

Niece Rebekah (left) and Chelsea at Cannon Beach, Oregon

Perhaps it's because some of my family is coming, and I'm excited. My niece just finished an amazing feat: she bicycled from coast to coast, over 5,200 miles. Isn't that incredible? And she will be here today! In just a few hours. Over the next two weeks, other family members are trickling in and out. So gRaTeFuL am I for my family!



My feistiness may have something to do with the transformation of the store into fall, which I'm taking upon myself (yesterday and today), and it's hard work. Maybe feisty will get me through. Or maybe I'll just wait for Marlene to help me... At any rate, I made at least ten trips up and down the basement stairs to get all my needed supplies.




Perhaps I can chalk it up to the glorious August we are enjoying in the Pacific Northwest. Day after day of beautiful sunshine and sunsets. And summer is fleeting. Feistiness will get me through even that thought, perhaps.




Next month I am turning 50. My guess is that's why I'm exhibiting new behaviors and attitudes lately. One thing I know is that I'm on the second half of owning a clothing store. It's all for fun from here on out. All downhill. Older and wiser is my new mantra.




Never before have I gone on the warpath with summer clearance sale like I have this month. This fall I'm planning that everything in the store will be beautiful and meaningful. And summer sale merchandise hanging around just doesn't fit into that plan.




Next month, I'll be turning over a new leaf. I'll be ready to climb the rung to 50. Help me celebrate. I'll send you a party invitation soon. We'll have cake. I have always wanted to get one of those tall, round, dark chocolate cakes at Costco. Now's my chance. Will you enjoy it with me?


Nephew Reuben and I enjoying Everett's Food Truck Festival on Sunday


In the meantime, enjoy the fleeting moments of summer. I know I will. And come and take these last remaining sale items off my hands. I'll be right here waiting for you.

Sending you summer love,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment