Renee's Website

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Filthy, black-edged snowbanks



Dear Friends,

Marlene and I are having a blast dressing you this spring. It's exciting to present a fresh, new assortment at Renee's. Not only do we get to dress you for your every-day lives, but now we can fit you for your dressier events with a new category: dresses. You can review all the new dresses here and here.




I was planning to tell you about my market trip to New York City, but I cancelled the trip. I didn't want to hassle with the snow and ice storms lashing the city this winter. The New York Times "Taking Notes" snippet (nytimes.com/taking note) this week resonates with me:







"Winter shrinks the vision, narrows it to the limits of a parka hood. It numbs the heart, dulls the reflexes of graciousness and gratitude as people's behavior on sidewalks and train platforms shifts to self-preservation. It bends the neck, as eyes scan for ice, gauging the leapability of slush puddles and the danger of left-turning, nonyielding cabs. Is that filthy, black-edged snowbank crusty enough to slip on, or soft enough to sink into? Will I break my ankle or just soak it? Should I give up now, and die right here? It's windy. It hurts. I can't go on."

Who wants to go to freezing, windy, snowy New York in February when I can go to warm sunny Los Angeles in March?





Besides, my dim view of downtown LA has turned. Since my frequent trips there several years ago, the downtown core has been revived. People are living and working downtown now. Real restaurants exist there now. I look forward to revisiting a fantastic hotel I discovered a few weeks ago. It's reasonably priced (with a government discount) and so, so clean. I can't wait to retreat to my night time sanctuary. The luxurious surroundings, the bright white, thousand-count soft bed sheets, and the new smell are calling my name. In the contemporary and well-lit lobby, I feel like a princess, it's so pretty. Downtown Los Angeles. I know, right?





In the meantime, from Everett, Renee's has new arrivals from Tulip Clothing. Pictured throughout this post, Tulip is a 100% cotton collection with an artisan vibe. In a stripe, ticking and black mix assortment, each piece of Tulip a favorite to mix, match and collect. Stop by Renee's soon and take a look.







We are gratified to be a part of your lives. We count it a privilege to help you dress up, look good, and feel great. Thank you!

Sending love,

Renee


















No comments:

Post a Comment