Renee's Website

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Vacation, a Chocolate Cake, and not much about Renee's!

Dear Friends,

How's your summer shaping up? We've had spectacular sunshine and temperatures in the Pacific Northwest for the past two months. Lucky us.

I just returned from vacation. I traveled from Missouri to Wisconsin and then to Ohio. Got to attend two lovely weddings. Spent time with my beloved in-laws and family. Ah, these are the things that make life sweet. Here are a few photos from my trip.

My husband's nephew's wedding in Wisconsin. Bride Affton and groom Dylan.

Our grandson Hayden (right) and his little friends.

Two of my beloved sisters-in-law at a lighthouse on Lake Michigan.

My hubby Bill and I.

Look at this pristine beach on Lake Michigan!

My mother, sister Kris, me and sister Lori in Ohio.

With two of my nieces Annie and Eleanor.

The backyard reception area for my nephew's wedding.


The bride Jenna and groom Reuben.

My mother Sandy and father Rod. Mom is wearing clothing from Renee's! Sympli dress, Fidji shoes.


While we were visiting Ohio my niece Annie celebrated her ninth birthday. She requested chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.





I have to admit, the cake we made was the best chocolate cake ever! The recipe came from this book:


Here's the recipe, in two parts, and the frosting recipe, right off the cocoa container.





Make this cake! I guarantee, you won't be disappointed. And it's so easy to make. The chocolate frosting on top was the bomb!

FYI, I checked for doneness at 35 minutes as the recipe instructs, and then at ten minute increments; my cake (baked in a glass dish) took 55 minutes to finish baking in the center.

At Renee's I returned to find all kinds of new fall clothing in stock. I took a bunch of photos. But those will have to wait for the next post!

Enjoy the summer beauty and bounty, and I'll meet you back here again real soon.

With love,

Renee

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, Renee! What lovely photos. You look fit and happy; what an awesome beach. Your mother is just gorgeous in that gray dress. Beautiful brides and grooms and little ones, too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete